Bring Boogie to your Classroom
Boogie's Summer Series (FREE THIS SUMMER through August 31, 2020)
If you are an educator or administrator hosting a summer camp, summer school or just looking to add humane education to your curriculum, you’ve come to the right place. This summer, Boogie Shoes and Mama are offering virtual visits, reads, presentations, and more for FREE!! Slots are limited so apply now to see if your organization qualifies!
Meet & Greet Boogie (30 minutes)
- During this virtual session participants can “meet” Boogie, hear his inspiring adoption story, ask questions about Boogie, pet adoption, shelter pets, or other animal welfare topics. Boogie will be visible during the entire session, too!
Live Reading of “Boogie Shoes: The Wobbly Puppy Who Needed a Home”
- During this session, Alicia will read Boogie Shoes: The Wobbly Puppy Who Needed a Home aloud and reserve time for a Q&A at the end. Boogie will be there and visible during the entire session!
Humane Education Presentation (30-50 minutes)
- During this virtual session participants can “meet” Boogie, hear his inspiring adoption story, plus Alicia will speak on a topic of your choice. This option includes a slide show presentation and allows for a Q&A throughout the session.
Topics can include but are not limited to:
- Pet Adoption: How to help homeless pets
- Kindness to Animals & People
- What is a Specially-Abled Pet?
- Our experience with Cerebellar Hypoplasia in dogs
- Our experience with Hydrocephalus in dogs
- Senior Dog adoption
- Volunteer Opportunities at shelters, rescues, online and at home
- We can also tailor a talk to compliment your curriculum and/or participant interests around animal welfare.
Educator/Administrator One on One (30-60 minutes)
- If you are an educator or administrator who wants to add humane education and animal welfare topics to your curriculum but aren’t sure where to start, we can help you develop a program.
Meet Mama (Alicia Bailey)
Alicia is mom to 5 rescued Chihuahuas, and creator and manager of Boogie’s social media accounts and website. She has been working in animal welfare for over a decade with organizations including Best Friends Animal Society, HeARTsSpeak, Living Free Animal Sanctuary, Loving All Animals and The Palm Springs Animal Shelter where she served on the board of directors and staff as the Director of Marketing and Development. Prior to her work in animal welfare, she worked in public and private school classrooms as a shadow teacher supporting students with disabilities.
Alicia is passionate about shining a light on the plight of homeless animals and shares her experiences with animal shelters, rescues, animal cruelty cases, animal shelter marketing and development, shelter pet photography, and social media to curate an engaging and meaningful experience for students. With her special needs dog Boogie Shoes by her side, Alicia brings a fun, informative and inspiring experience to groups of all ages.
To secure a virtual session with Alicia and Boogie (and/or other members of her pack) fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/VYS379ZatLcFJVGM6
*In person sessions at schools or other facilities are unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you’d like to stay in touch with Alicia, Boogie and the gang, subscribe to our newsletter here.