Classroom Visits & Virtual Events with Boogie & Buster
If you are an educator or administrator hosting a summer camp, summer school or just looking to add humane education to your curriculum, you’ve come to the right place. Boogie Shoes and Mama offer in person and virtual visits, live reads of our book, pet topic presentations, and more for free.
If you are interested having us please note you must be a registered non-profit organization or public or private school.
A note about safety: We do these programs for educational purposes only. We will not share screen grabs, recorded video, or images showing students, school name, or student or teachers names on our site or social sites unless YOU ask us to AND we have proper image release forms signed and on file prior to the event.
Classroom and Virtual Options:
Meet & Greet Boogie (30 minutes)
- During this virtual session participants can “meet” Boogie, hear his inspiring adoption story, ask questions about Boogie, pet adoption, shelter pets, or other animal welfare topics. Boogie will be visible during the entire session, too!
Live Reading of “Boogie Shoes: The Wobbly Puppy Who Needed a Home”
- During this session, Alicia will read Boogie Shoes: The Wobbly Puppy Who Needed a Home aloud and reserve time for a Q&A at the end. Boogie will be there and visible during the entire session!
Humane Education Presentation (30-50 minutes)
- During this virtual session participants can “meet” Boogie, hear his inspiring adoption story, plus Alicia will speak on a topic of your choice. This option includes a slide show presentation and allows for a Q&A throughout the session.
Topics can include but are not limited to:
- Pet Adoption: How to help homeless pets.
- Kindness to Animals & People.
- What is a Specially-Abled Pet?
- Volunteer Opportunities at shelters, rescues, online, and at home.
- We can also tailor a talk to compliment your curriculum and/or participant interests around animal welfare.
Educator/Administrator One on One (30-60 minutes)
- If you are an educator or administrator who wants to add humane education and animal welfare topics to your curriculum but aren’t sure where to start, we can help you develop a program. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Meet Mama (Alicia Bailey)
Alicia is mom to 5 rescued Chihuahuas, and creator and manager of Boogie’s social media accounts and website. She has been working in animal welfare for over a decade with organizations including Best Friends Animal Society, HeARTsSpeak, Living Free Animal Sanctuary, Loving All Animals and The Palm Springs Animal Shelter where she served on the board of directors and staff as the Director of Marketing and Development. Prior to her work in animal welfare, she worked in public and private school classrooms as a shadow teacher supporting students with disabilities.
Alicia is passionate about shining a light on the plight of homeless animals and shares her experiences with animal shelters, rescues, animal cruelty cases, animal shelter marketing and development, shelter pet photography, and social media to curate an engaging and meaningful experience for students. With her special needs dog Boogie Shoes by her side Alicia brings a fun, informative and inspiring experience to groups of all ages.
To secure a virtual session with Alicia and Boogie (and/or other members of her pack) please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
*In person sessions at schools or other facilities are unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.