There are two things happening today. One, National Pizza Day (yay)! Two, Boogie has his own You Tube channel! We think launching his channel on a day that celebrates food is more than appropriate. We've linked the episode to this blog post, but don't let that stop you from visiting his channel and subscribing. Now, let's get back to the important stuff. National Pizza Day ... this may be the best day ever.
I make this doggie pizza for Boogie and our pack because I like to give our pups a healthy low calorie snack mid day, usually some sort of fruit or vegetable Their favorites are peas, sweet potatoes and apples, so that’s what’s going on our pizza today. I honestly don’t know if I would qualify this as an official “recipe” but it’s definitely a mash up of their favorite snacks in the shape of a pizza!
- Cauliflower Crust (I used the frozen one from Trader Joes)
- Steamed sweet potatoes
- Chopped apple
- Sweet peas
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 to 2 tsps. olive oil
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- While oven is preheating:
- Steam or roast the potatoes
- Puree the peas. Add peas, water and olive oil to blender.
- Blend until appropriate consistency for your pup (s)
- Place cauliflower crust in oven, heat for 10 minutes until bottom browns
- Remove crust from oven, let cool
- While crust cools, peel and chop the apple. Place in ice water to keep from fresh.
- Use a cookie cutter or sturdy drinking glass to cut out small round crusts
- Spread pea puree on crust, top with sweet potato and apple
Don't forget to check out Boogie's chef skills on his You Tube channel - - >
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
©Little Boogie Shoes 2018